Friday, May 26, 2006

SPECIAL THANKS: CD

We'd like to thank everyone who came to our CD Release Parties last weekend at AAI. It's been a long, often frustrating, last few months writing new pieces and preparing the CD--both for production and presentation. Now, we're extremely happy and proud that the CD is finished and we have this new work to share. We're grateful to all the folks who came out to support us.

We'd also like to thank once again all the folks who helped to make this CD possible--without them, there would be no CD.

Asian Arts Initiative: for awarding us the APIA Residency Grant and to the staff and all the volunteers who assembled and wrapped and gave us moral support.

Phil Lee (aka DJ Phillee Blunt): for putting up with us in the studio and with all the little frantic demands we made about the track order and the hater/fan mail edits and countless other things. Thank you, thank you--there would be no CD without you.

Rodney Camarce: for the bangin original drawing/illustration of the CD cover design. We couldn't have asked for anything better. Thanks for your creative vision and talent.

Tyrone McCloud (my hubby): for the color design on the CD cover and the CD jacket, insert and label layout/design and all the late nights fixing my typos and reprinting. Thanks for giving me a shoulder to cry on and an ear to bend (or rip off).

Dan Kim: for your stand-up comedy set and your wonderful introduction, for driving to Philly from AC 3 nights in a row, and for helping with the CDs. Thanks also to Doris for coming to our show on your own special day. And thanks to Melody for being so darn cute.

Mike Trinh: for the stage and lighting and for some laughs before the show. Thanks for helping us get through the shows.

My children: for reminding me why I put myself through all the trouble--that when I want to quit, your beautiful faces show me I have to do whatever I can to prepare the world for you--because you are coming, ready or not.

Thanks to everyone who recorded a hater/fan mail or drop, thanks to everyone who emailed and asked how things were going, thanks to all the people who believed in us.

We send our love.