Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Show Your Prince Love


I'm a Prince fan. It's only been in the last week or so that I've felt that I've been able to say that without cringing in anticipation of naysayers barraging me with comments about why Prince is a "Purple Freak." Not that I'm ashamed of being a Prince fan or that I don't stand up for him, it's just that after a while, when feeling like I'm fighting alone, I just get this beat-down sense about it.

But last week I was ecstatic to discover and be reminded that I'm not alone--there ARE other Prince fans out there--and they're fighting the good fight to honor Prince's musicial genius. Boston spoken word poet and friend, Giles Li recently wrote a post on his blog wishing Prince a Happy 50th Birthday and voiced all the feelings that serious Prince fans feel about the man and his music. Please read and enjoy--and respect.

http://gilesli.com/blog/2008/06/07/happy-50th-prince/

Love,
Michelle