Wednesday, November 12, 2008

PhiLL-Literacy, Part II

So, me being absent-minded and just generally stressed out last Friday when iLL-Literacy was in Philly, I forgot to bring my camera with me to CCP, so I missed out taking some good pics of the crew and my students. But I made sure that I had it with me that night for the Swarthmore show.

Me and my daughter Myong--and later Lindo (from my Spoken Word Poetry Club)--hung out on the balcony to watch the show. I got some cool overhead shots.















As you can see, they fuckin ROCKED IT OUT! And Myong loved them--she actually stayed awake until midnight, so you know she was really impressed.

This was my first time meeting Dahlak and Nico. It was great to see the whole crew and the Hi-Lifes were just amazing, too. Special thanks to Ruby, Adriel, Dahlak, and Nico for taking time out of their busy tour to visit Community College of Philadelphia. Thanks to all my students and Leslye for busting their asses to get the word out in 2 days and pull together a great crowd for a Friday afternoon.

Peace and love always,
Michelle