Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Disgrasian.com and Gran Torino

I stumbled upon Disgrasian.com through Adriel's blog. These two chicks have lots to say on all things in Asian American pop culture, so if you're way too tired to figure out who's who in the Asian American entertainment world you can follow their blog and see whats going on.

That being said I also wanted to highlight a film review they did for Gran Torino, you know that movie with Clint Eastwood where he plays a racist Korean War vet living next door to a Hmong family in Michigan? Yeah, my editor really hated it - the storyline, the acting, the afterschool special-like melodrama of understanding race and gang life, etc. The Disgrasian chicks also gave their own bad review of the film (it was posted on 1/6/2008), and no I havent seen it yet either but I think I will wait until it comes out on DVD to give you my honest Laotian American opinion. In the meantime enjoy the trailer.

Labels: , , ,