Saturday, October 07, 2006

Remembering Joseph Ileto and Pics


MM

I'm soooo behind getting these pictures up from our trip to LA and Minneapolis a couple of weeks ago. I have lots of pics, though, and will probably post them as separate groupings. First, I'm going to put up pictures from the "Joseph Ileto Hate Crimes Prevention Event: Building Peace in our Communities and Campuses," which was held at the Japanese American National Museum in LA.

I didn't get to take many pictures b/c Catzie and I were too busy rehearsing. But I was able to get some of the banners that people and orgs signed with messages honoring Joseph Ileto and the Ileto family. And we'd definitely like to thank the Iletos for all the wonderful and brave work that they do raising awareness about hate crimes and the need for cross-cultural understanding. Thanks also to Yun-Sook Kim Navarre and the Asian Pacific American Legal Center for inviting us out to be part of this important event. Big ups to Kristina Wong and Bambu along with John Eric Concordia and the rest of the guys.

Oh yeah, btw: the celebrity I'm most frequently told I look like is . . . Michelle Branch. Right--maybe after I lose about 15-20lbs of pregnancy weight!!!