Sunday, June 02, 2013

Race in America segment and Reminder: RENO!!!

Hi everyone,

So back in March when I was preparing for the kick-off show at AAI for my book tour, not only was I featured in the Philadelphia Daily News (see post on on May 16 below), but I was also invited to talk on Fox News Philadelphia's "Race in America" segment on Good Day Philadelphia, Thursday morning, March 14.  After reading the article in the Daily News, Berlinda Garnett from Philly's Fox News contacted me about being on the show (thanks again to Jenice Armstrong for writing the Daily News article).

I was so nervous!  But everyone at the news station was very nice, and I had a great time.  Please see the clip below.  Here's the link:

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/21642097/race-in-america-asian-americans-and-race




I just want to thank Berlinda Garnett for inviting me, and Mike Jerrick and Sheinelle Jones, the two anchors of Good Day Philadelphia, for being so gracious and for asking such great questions.  My mom gave it a thumbs up, so if it gets her stamp of approval, then it must have been good  :)

Also, RENO is 3 days away!!!!! :)  Please see post on May 21st below for more info on this first official stop on my book tour.  Hope to see you.

Love,
Michelle