Wednesday, May 13, 2009

On the road again! Knox College, 5/14

Hi everyone,

Well, Catzie and I are officially back on the road again to finish our spring tour. As you all know, Catzie is a new member to the Super-Mom Club, but gosh-darn-it that doesn't mean she's/we're going soft. You best believe that not only are we ready to do it up Yellow Rage-style but also ready to bring up the next generation of Little Rages. Watch out now!

Anyway, I'm feeling a tad goofy this morning but wanted to let you all know that we have 2 shows that will mark the end of our spring tour. The first will be at Knox College--TOMORROW--Thursday, May 14. Details are below.

Just as a heads up, we will be in BROOKLYN next Thursday, May 21 at the Berkeley Carroll School. I will post details about that show early next week, but also as a reminder, May 21 is the day that a rally is slated for APIA reporters Laura Ling and Euna Lee who are being held in a North Korean prison for investigating human trafficking between North Korea and China. I will repost details about the rally--Catzie and I are planning on attending the rally before the Berkeley Carroll event.

Finally, I will be performing in PHILLY May 29-30 at the Asian Arts Initiative as part of this year's Edge of the World production. Again, more on that to come.

Catzie and I will be busy busy this summer deciding on recording a new CD and preparing for this year's APIA Spoken Word and Poetry Summit to be held in the Bay Area this July-August. Check out the official website, beautifully created by our homie Adriel from iLL-Literacy.

OK, before I close out this post with the Knox College info, I just want to give a shout out to Senator Zavalas and Sheila Hanley of TrueJustice in Austin. Thank you so much for the opportunity to come down and protest the voter ID bill, dedicate "Listen Asshole" to Betty Brown, and piss off the Texas Rangers. Also, thanks to the amazing camera crew, Jessica, Candice , and Nariman (who was so friggin funny!) for their professionalism. Special shout to Clarissa for telling me my poetry was beautiful and to David (D-Rail? I'm not sure what his MC name is) for telling the cops that I wasn't trying to incide a riot but instead obtain peace. I will post pix soon. I promise!

Peace & Love,
Michelle

Knox College, Thursday, May 14
Kresge Recital Hall,
Knox College, Galesburg, IL
7pm

We are on the Knox College Events Calendar. Check it out.