Thursday, October 19, 2006

Friday!!! The Other Side!!!

Tomorrow, or today depending on how often you read this (talking to you, Ross) or how fucked up the internet is, is our very last performance in the space Yellow Rage met and started, the Asian Arts Initiative. We're very very excite to honor and commemorate the "Inish" along with our friends and extended fam. Unfortunately, my stupid computer has crashed yet again, so I will be without technology for a week and a half. The good news is that writing creatively can go back to its raw form of just hand scribbling. The bad news is that I can't update anything on the interweb. That being said, I can only do so much while I'm at work so I'll just leave you with a Myspace bulletin that my dear friend Anwar aka Weezy wrote to promote the show...

Weezy Endorses Yellow Rage:

"Years back ago I met a angry little Asian girl. She was more angry than I was, and she knew "Oye, listen AIDS is a killer!" That meant she was cool and she understood Kensington Spanish Rap (this is pre-reggaeton mind you). but before she was the curly head in the middle of me and pheak's domes and all of that other stuff she mentioned (if you're on her friend list, you know what i mean). she had aai...

This Friday, my poet laureate Catzie Vilay"jawn"and Michelle Myers who make up Yellow Rage are saying goodbye to the place that they got their start, The Asian Arts Initiative which will be closing its doors. I hear it's gonna be a little bit of Def Poetry Jam, Yellow Rage first and latest release, and that silly shit Catzie does that even I know she didn't plan. The info is below and you can check out more about Yellow Rage and their socially conscious, politically charged, and in your face you ignorant bastard poetry. Even the Panthers rolled with Yellow Peril (yup, look it up), right on *pumps fist*. Yellow Rage Myspace Page"


Gotta love your friends, especially when they come up with their own words to promote your shit. A fuller description is posted below. See you at the Inish.

- Catzie